In 1991, North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center located on-site at Southern Podiatry Group, became the first established State Licensed and Accredited Outpatient Ambulatory Surgery Center in Lowndes County. This facility offers outpatient foot and ankle surgery in a comfortable private surgical suite for the convenience of our patients. North Oak Ambulatory Surgical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association For Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC). Upon our last inspection in May 2017, our facility received the highest accreditation available. The AAAHC Certificate of Accreditation has become a benchmark of quality not only to those involved in health care and delivery management, but to the general public. The accreditation certificate is a symbol to others that an organization is committed to providing high-quality care and that it has demonstrated its commitment by measuring up to AAAHC’s highest standards. Accreditation is a voluntary process through which an Ambulatory Health Care organization is able to measure the quality of it services and performance against nationally recognized standards. Any accredited facility must meet these standards and be resurveyed every three years to maintain accreditation status.
North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center is the only surgery center in Lowndes County that is dedicated solely to outpatient foot surgery, and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. In addition, North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center is a Medicare and State-Certified outpatient surgery center. Since 1992, Dr. Pitts has safely performed thousands of podiatric surgical procedures at North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center. Dr. Pitts is Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, and is a Diplomat of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center provides a full range of services including Surgery, Anesthesia, Pathology, and Radiology.
Dr. Pitts and the supportive staff of North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center are committed to continuing education, and staying up to date on the latest technology and surgical techniques.
Our practicing philosophy is to provide our patients with a comfortable surgical experience without the feel of hospital surgery. We do everything we can to insure a hassle-free experience from the time we see you on your pre-op visit until you are discharged from our surgery center following your procedure. Our dedicated surgery center team work together to achieve that goal.
Timothy E. Pitts DPM
Owner/Director of North Oak Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Native of Valdosta
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Valdosta State University in 1985
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine Degree from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in 1989
- Completed 3 year hospital surgical residency in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery in 1992
- Surgical residency program located at Dekalb Medical, founded in 1969, was the first 3-year podiatric surgery training program in the United States
- Trained by many prominent surgeons including nationally and internationally recognized E. Dalton McGlamry DPM, John Ruch DPM, and Alan Banks DPM
- Joined practice with A.R. Pitts Jr. (father) in 1992
- Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diplomat of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Faculty member of the Podiatry Institute; a non-profit educational foundation that has achieved national and international recognition for its leading role in developing and advancing the standard of care in podiatric medicine and surgery
- Member Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
- Served on the Board of the Georgia Podiatric Medical Association from 2006-2010
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Co-author of several journal articles as well as a chapter in the 2nd Edition of the “Comprehensive Textbook of Foot Surgery”
- Recertified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery in 2015